Among the first artists whom Msgr. Polvara had as collaborators we should mention Ernesto Bergagna (1902), a painter who chose a life of concealment outside the gallery world. To him we owe many of the pictorial cycles, and for the Milanese Church it is important to remember the pictorial cycle of the Chapel of the 'theologians' in the seminary of Venegono.
Among the first teachers of the nascent School was Vanni Rossi (1894); by him are many paintings with sacred subjects and entire wall cycles in Lombard churches such as Saints Nereus and Achilleus in Milan, St. Joseph in Porto d'Adda. Also among the early supporters of the nascent Foundation was Eva Tea, an art historian and also a teacher at Brera. Attentive to the world of theater and stage performance, she edited a magazine dedicated to these areas of expression.
In the field of sculpture, great importance was given to Don Marco Melzi, who adhered to the project of religious life. Famous was his close collaboration with architect Gio Ponti, who wanted him with him in the Milanese churches he designed and the Taranto Co-cathedral.
Angelo Marelli (1921), who moved to the USA where he continued his activity, was a designer and executor of large wall mosaics; married to Maria Virginia Lee (1924), also a student of the School, but a painter, they continued their common artistic activity at the service of churches, arriving to decorate many in the United States and Asia.
Among those who did not exercise a true artistic discipline, it is necessary to mention Don Vincenzo Gatti, who taught as well as courses at the School in the Athenaeums of St. Anselm in Rome and St. Justina in Padua. He picked up the legacy of Msgr. Polvara about the care and study of the Abbey of San Pietro al Monte above Civate. He worked directly for the knowledge of the history and religious and liturgical meanings of the church's rich iconographic apparatus. He finally succeeded in reconsecrating the altar at the hands of Cardinal Tettamanzi.
Among those who formed different generations of students should be mentioned Renato Valcavi (1929), expert chiseler and head of the in-house workshop for many decades; Valerio Pilon (1929), painter and sculptor, with many solo and group exhibitions to his credit; Luigi Pastori, painter, who also held the chair for many years at the Castello Sforzesco School of Art; for many years principal of the school routes and author of many constructions, Msgr. Valerio Vigorelli (1924), head of the architectural workshop in which several Sisters of the Religious Family used to work.
S. Francesco che predica agli uccelli